Monday 11 November 2013

Butterscotch Squares

I was given this recipe from a dear friend almost 30 years ago.  I have made them every year at Christmas ever since.  I always ask my family, "what is on your list for things you would like me to make this Christmas?" and the first thing out of everyone's mouth is "butterscotch squares".  They are super easy and they freeze well.

 

Ingredients


1/4 cup butter
2 cups butterscotch chips
1 cup peanut butter
3 cups miniature marshmallows

 

Method


Melt ingredients slowly in a saucepan.  Pour into greased 8" x 8" shallow cake pan.  Allow to set before cutting.  You can also use one cup of butterscotch chips and one cup of chocolate chips.  They freeze well. 

Makes 25 squares.

2 comments:

  1. Do they actually taste like butterscotch or peanut butter?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They taste like a combination of both. But the butterscotch is stronger than the peanut butter.

    ReplyDelete