Thursday 23 April 2015

Peanut Butter Chip Chocolate Cookies

I seem to have a lot of cookie recipes, don't I?  While my kids were growing up, I was always making cookies.  I still love to bake cookies even though they are grown and gone.  I have tried hundreds of recipes over the years.  It isn't just because I love to eat them, I truly enjoy making them.  I find it therapeutic, it's relaxing and it brings me back to simpler times.

  

If someone pops in for a visit, there is nothing nicer than making a pot of coffee or tea and sitting chatting while enjoying a homemade cookie or two.  Such a simple thing brings such pleasure to people.  I love to bake for those I love.  


On with this recipe!  This is another one of my family's favorites.  I have shared it with several people over the years, I am happy to share it with you too.  

 

Ingredients

 

1 1/4 cups butter, softened
2 cups granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 pkg (300g) peanut butter chips

Method

 

Cream butter and sugar until fluffy.  Unless a recipe specifically calls for an electric mixer, I always do it by hand.  Add eggs and vanilla, beat well.  Combine dry ingredients, blend into creamed mixture.  Stir in chips.   Drop by teaspoons onto an ungreased (I always use a parchment lined) cookie sheet.  Bake at 350°F for 10 to 12 minutes. I like the edges to be a bit crispy and the centers soft, so I leave them in for the full 12 minutes.   They will puff while baking and flatten while they cool.  Cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes then remove to a cooling rack to cool completely.  

Makes about 4 1/2 dozen cookies.  They freeze well. 

 

My youngest daughter's first word after "mommy" and "daddy"  was "cookie".  :)



1 comment: